Job overview and key responsibilities
You will be responsible to lead and manage client service teams and work closely with Tax Directors and Executive Directors in delivering quality tax services and advice to our corporate and individual clients.
You will manage billings and collections for a portfolio of clients, develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, identify new areas of provision of tax and other services.
You will be responsible to continuously develop strong relationships across our network of existing and new clients, manage proposal and client pitches, seek new business development opportunities and generate leads.
Education and professional skills / knowledge
Experience and Education:
- 5 to 8 years’ tax experience and in-depth knowledge of tax and other related legislation, ideally gained in a professional practice environment
- Have at least 2 years of leading and managing a team and possess good people skills
- A recognized degree in Accounting or equivalent with a Professional Accounting qualification
- Strong analytical, research, critical thinking and decision making skills
- A client service mindset and capable of being an effective business advisor and problem solver
- Has strong self-motivation and is an achiever
- Possess strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills with excellent command of English
- Proficient in MS Office – Excel, Powerpoint, Word and Outlook